Friday, June 17, 2011

It's official . . .

I'm running the Women's Half Marathon in Nashville, TN at the end of September. I'm all signed up and everything. What's cool is I got a free interactive training schedule when I signed up. And is it sad and too girly of me to be really excited about the finisher's medal? It has a removable necklace charm, so I can actually wear part of my medal whenever I want! So officially it's me, my niece, my mom, and four of my sisters, partying like it's 1999.

So what does this mean for me? It means relearning how to listen to my body while simultaneously telling it to shut up and run. It means working really hard while clearing my mind and rejuvenating my drive. It means a really weird form of therapy and meditation. It means big bursts of serotonin and other happy hormones. It means torturous running. And loving it.

What does it mean for you? Lots of rambling blog posts from me. Lucky you.

2 comments:

  1. Yay you! And no, I think the medal charm is an awesome idea! Bill wants so badly to get a platinum medal from El Tour - he trains hard, even in the summertime, as I know you will. What does it mean for me? Damn glad I'm not either one of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete