Saturday, March 20, 2010

I think I can . . . I think I can . . .

So far, this week is going pretty well. Monday I did spin, which made me too sore to do any cardio until Thursday, when I ran 3 miles on the tread mill. Friday I did another spin class. It's coming back a little better than I thought it would.

This morning I was going to go to the gym but I was swayed by the beautiful weather and the fact that Simeon was at home with Cruz. (Don't think he slacked at all - he had just gotten back from a 9 mile run. He rocks!) So, I passed right by the gym and went to the River Walk. It's so beautiful and I love running around other people who are exercising. They're always so friendly and there's this positive energy that just keeps me going. My three favorite places to run or exercise are the River Walk, Reid Park, and Sabino Canyon, for those reasons. I remember a few years ago when I was getting into running, I was running at Sabino Canyon and started walking up this huge hill when this older guy who was running started cheering me on. I made it up the hill running. :) I just get this joy being around other people in the same boat - trying to finish their run/bike/walk or just enjoying nature. You very rarely run into someone grumpy in one of those places.

So armed with John Meyer in my iPod, I ran almost 4 1/2 miles this morning. It went well. My knee is a little sore (the one I couldn't bend properly for over a week), and I was pooped after staying up late and getting up with a screaming Simeon in the middle of the night, but all in all, it was great! Here's my map: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/az/tucson/906126911244832719 I feel encouraged now that I really can do this half marathon. My goal right now is to run the whole thing and finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment