Friday, April 23, 2010

The big day . . .

So, tomorrow's the big day. I'm a little nervous because besides spin on Monday, I haven't done any other exercise this week. You're supposed to taper your workouts before a big race, but I don't think you're supposed to sit on your butt. :) I'm also a little nervous because my last big run was . . . well, read my last post. But overall, I'm quite excited! Cruz and I watched a documentary called The Spirit of the Marathon (on Netflix Instant Streaming, for anyone interested - you have to "search" for it), and that got us pumped. And I went and got our numbers today. Honestly, I wish we could have found a big race to run in, as this one is even smaller than I expected (maybe 200 people), there's no chip timing because not enough people signed up, and the route was changed because the original route went through the wash, which is now running with water (no pun intended). So, this is my way of saying that I will most definitely be doing another race. But mostly, I'm excited and nervous. And trust me, there will be a post soon about how everything went. :)

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment